Charlotte is finally done! Man, I was being so precise with every little detail- both on her written profile and this drawing! But all the hard work really payed off. I'm quite proud of my newest baby. ;n; I hope others will like her too. uwuSpeedpaint: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg5sWb…
Name: Charlotte Adler
Born: Year 825
Height: 154 cm (5’1”)
Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
Eye color: Teal
Hair color: Light brown
Former Affiliation: Trainee Squad (102nd Trainee Squad)
Current Affiliation: Scouting Legion
Grad Rank: 6
Seiyu: Shizuka ItouFamily
Edmund Martel (Father) Elisabeth Martel (Mother) Kurt Adler (Adoptive Father)
Status: Alive (50 years of age). Currently living within Wall Rose Formerly lived in Shigashina.
Back story: A more introverted man who cares deeply for the well-being of his family. He makes the decision to request Kurt to adopt Charlotte in order to have her raised in a better environment. He works as a farmer but recently had to invest more of his time looking after his wife and attempting to control her liquor intake. He is devastated when he finds her comatose one night and slinks into a slight depression when Elisabeth dies. But he doesn’t allow his sadness to control his life, not completely. He wishes to be able to meet Charlotte one day.
Status: Deceased (Died at 48)
Cause of death: Excessive alcohol consumption
Back story: A seamstress who was more cheerful and optimistic when she was a child. This gradually changed over time when she became more aware of the world she was born into. She also developed a strong fear of titans, almost constantly worrying about them finding a way to breach the walls. Shortly after giving birth to Charlotte, who she hadn’t formally planed to have, Elisabeth lost her job. A combination of losing her job and the repressed fear of the titans led her to begin drinking heavily. She became violent and unstable, resulting in Edmund having Kurt adopt Charlotte when she was only a few months old.
The Martels originally lived within Wall Maria, Shigashina district.
Status: Alive. Relocated to a district within Wall Sina as a result of the invasion of Trost.
Personality: An easy going man who has comes from a family of Heretics. But he keeps his beliefs about the outside world and wanting to venture out there to himself to avoid other from looking down on him. As a result of the world he lives in, he appreciates each day of life and relies on logic to solve his problems or worries. He is thoroughly independent, but approachable and friendly.
History: He was raised with the knowledge of blacksmithing and wielding swords. Despite being a decent fighter and well-versed in handling weaponry, he never intended to join the military. He currently works as a well-respected blacksmith within Trost. (He fixes damaged 3DMG, crafts the blades, etc.)
Edmund Martel had been a close friend of Kurt since their childhood. At age 24, he agrees to adopt Charlotte and raise her due to Elisabeth’s unstable condition. Due to growing up with only his mother and two younger sisters, as his father died serving in the Scouting Legion, he has some experience raising children. His uncle, who would frequently visit, taught him how to fight, craft objects out of ore, and use swords when he was younger.
Kurt raised Charlotte with all the attention and love he could give her. He inspired her to shape her own role within their world. He often discussed his many philosophies and ideas with her as she grew up, but never forced her to believe what he believed. He wanted her to grow up trusting in her and creating her own beliefs and values for herself. He also teaches Charlotte how to fight, giving her the option to look into joining the military if she wished to. But he always let her decide what she wanted to do.
Kurt lived within Wall Rose, Trost district before relocating to a district within Wall Sina.
Extra: Charlotte’s biological parents were of French origin, but her adoptive father is German.Personality
She is a more careful, serious and down-to earth type of person. She is extremely loyal to the people closest to her as well as her comrades. She is devoted and faithful to her duty as a soldier and wants to protect the innocent and be a part of the cause that wants to give a better life for others. While their world can be horribly cruel, she wants to be the kind of person who can shed light in the darkest of situations for others, making sure to keep things realistic as well. She fights for the people, herself and freedom. She can become jealous at times- most notably of birds. She envies them for being able to go where they please and not be bothered.
She is inquisitive, eager to learn new things, practical, a realist and faithful to her values. She was initially more trusting and accepting of others, but this changed over time from being in the Scouting Legion and with the introduction of titan shifters. As a result, the people who are closest to her receive her full trust. She isn’t impulsive and stays calm in most situations. Additionally, she is alert and focused. History
She grew up in a loving home with her single, adoptive father, Kurt Adler. He encouraged her to be herself and then aim for the goals she would later set for herself. At age 15, she decided to enlist in the military, which Kurt initially had mixed feelings over. But he didn’t hinder her from doing so. She graduated at age 18 and joined the Scouting Legion. (During the same year Wall Maria was breached)
She becomes a soldier under Hanji Zoe’s squad.
Reason: Charlotte chose to join the military of her own free will. Before she enlisted for military training at age 15, she considered each branch of the military in depth. She decided the Scouting Legion was most suitable for her. With the Military Police, she would be safer from death but also more caged up. In the Stationary Guard, she felt she would only be at one place for the rest of her life and that place would never venture outside the walls. Even if death was more prominent in the Scouting Legion, the freedom and possibility of discovery outweighed the negatives for her. And she wanted to be a part of the group that could make a difference in their world. As far as how she views titans, she has questioned why they do what they do. She definitely feels a certain level of hatred towards them. However, she still continues to wonder if there is a justifiable reason as to why they attack humans. Current Story
Charlotte is currently stationed with Levi, who is keeping Pastor Nick on a short leash. She doesn’t trust the religious faction. And she is fully aware that Levi can handle himself, despite being injured. She just thinks it’s wise to remain behind while the others attempt to retrieve Eren.Strengths
· Honorable and humble
· Quick at assessing her given situation and then choosing the best course of action
· She highly values her morals and beliefs. One of the biggest ones being to cherish each day
· Obedient of her superiors
· Loyal and faithful to her comrades and close friendsFlaws
· She can become easily paranoid and skeptical of others, therefore only trusting a select few
· Due to being somewhat small, she does experience strain from using the 3DMG
· Despite wanting to keep to herself, she can be nosey of what others are doing and wants to always be kept updated on what’s going on around her
· She’s hard-working to a fault- at times works herself to exhaustion or is so focused on her task that she forgets to take care of herselfLikes
· Recording daily and major events in a personal journal. This notebook is one of her most prized possessions. She also writes down everything she knows and learns about titans.
· Motivating others when they’re at their lowest low
· Birds, despite how much she envies them
· The evening and nighttime because titans are less active.Dislikes
· Sacrificing the lives of her comrades. She truly values human life so it upsets her when people’s lives are thrown away. However, she still realizes that when you’re in the Scouting Legion, sacrifice is inevitable.
· Feeling caged in any situation. She wants to be like the birds who can move about so freely whenever they so choose.Fears
· Being forgotten
· Becoming a burden to those around her / screwing up in battle
· Losing herself and her values
· Titans. But not to the point where she won’t fight. She is slightly afraid of titan shifters because she feels they are too unpredictable. She becomes paranoid that there are people like Eren and that those people might also be in the military. (Paranoia later confirmed)
· The human race being wiped out by the titans instead of the other way aroundKnowledge/Abilities
· She was given brief but important first aid training.
· In battle, she is efficient in killing titans and maneuvering her gear well.Statistics
Intelligence - 7/10
Social Skill - 6/10
Weight - 2/10
Height - 2/10
Vitality - 8/10
Battle Skill - 8/10
Solo Kills - 8
Group Kills – 17
(25 in total so far)Relationships
Edmund Martel: She has not yet been able to meet him. She knows he is alive and would very much like to see him one day. When she was younger, Charlotte had mixed feelings towards her real father, but understood why he did what he did when she grew older.
Elisabeth Martel: She never got a chance to know her mother. She was however saddened to learn that she died and regrets not being able to meet her.
Kurt Adler: She loves him and regards him as her most prominent role model. In her moments of self-doubt, she thinks about all he has done for her. This encourages her to push forward and train even harder.
Hanji Zoe: Charlotte is utterly intrigued with how intellectual her squad leader is. She has no problems listening to Hanji chat away about titans and the experiments she has conducted because it gives her a chance to learn. After Kurt, she is Charlotte’s other role model due to her passionate nature and strength in battle.
Levi: He has her full respect and admiration. While he was hard for her to approach initially, she witnessed his strength in battle as well as his gentler and caring moments when a comrade was dying. She has requested to train with him in the past before, in hopes of learning new tactics and getting to understand him as a person better.
Erwin Smith: She respects him but doesn’t fully agree with his willingness to go through with a plan that may cost the lives of many soldiers. But she doesn’t dislike him. She knows that he must feel a certain level of grief as a result of the position he is in charge of.
Petra Ral: Charlotte greatly admires her for her bravery and strength in battle and also for how kind and caring she is. The two become close fairly quickly. Petra was one of the first friends Charlotte made during her time in the military and was horrified to find out she died. It strengthened her resolve to continue her role in the Scouting Legion.
Eren Jeager: While she is still slightly wary of this boy, she can’t help but admire his tenacious fighting spirit. She does not view him as a monster or an experiment specimen and pities him to a certain degree. But she doesn’t look down on him or underestimate his capability. She does wish he wouldn’t be so impulsive.
Annie Leonhardt: The only thing Charlotte knows about this girl is that she was the titan shifter who killed Petra and many more of her comrades. However she can’t bring herself to completely hate her for what she did because she wants to at least hear her side of the story before making a complete judgment.Extra
· She named her horse Ace
· She has another, smaller notebook that has the names of all the people she has met
· While she is approachable and easy to talk to, she would rather keep to herself. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t have friends or doesn’t want any.
· She’s also slightly hesitant about getting close to others out of the fear that either she or they will die, adding more grief. But she recognizes the importantance of living each day to its fullest and creating bonds while she can
· She has a good handle of keeping her emotions in check.
· Has a habit of cracking her knuckles, wrists and neck. This freak people out sometimes
· She’s an early riser
· She has smaller knives concealed on her person, just in case
· She tends to refer to her 3DMG as her “wings”. It’s the closest she’ll ever get to flying
That should do it for now. I'm definitely going to edit and add things here and there as the story goes on though. uwu
Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan (C) Hajime Isayama
Charlotte Adler (C) LibraK/Teupin